Here is a great recipe from Nathan Myhrvold's awesome cookbook Modernist Cuisine at Home. If you have a pressure cooker at home, then making these wonderful and spicy wraps is very easy.
Boneless short ribs: 2lb
Brown beef stock: 1 1/4 cups
Korean Wing Sauce: 1/3 cup, see below how to make the sauce
Butter lettuce leaves
Korean Wing Sauce Ingredients:
Gochujang (Korean fermented chili paste): 1/2 cup
Sugar: 1/3 cup
Soy sauce: 5 tsp
Shaoxing wine: 2 Tbsp
Toasted-sesame oil: 1 1/2 Tbsp
Garlic, minced: 1 Tbsp
Ginger, minced: 1 Tbsp
1. Make the Korean Wing Sauce but combing all the ingredients and whisk together until the sugar dissolves. Set aside for use later.
2. Cut short-ribs into 1-inch cubes.
3. Combine the short-ribs and beef stock in a pressure cooker. Pressure cook the meat at a gauge pressure of 1 bar/15 psi for 30 minutes. Start timing as soon as full pressure has been reached.
4. Strain the cooking liquid into a large pot. Set the short-ribs aside for now.
5. Stir the Korean Wing Sauce into the cooking liquid and cook over high heat to reduce the liquid by at least two-thirds until it becomes syrupy, about 25 minutes.
6. Shred the short-ribs, by using two forks to pull the meat apart into strands.
7. Add the short-ribs to the reduced liquid. Simmer it over medium-high heat, gently turning and basting the meat until it browns and the liquid reduces to a glace, about 6 minutes.
7. Season the glazed meat if needed with salt. Serve it warm on the butter lettuce leave. If you want them with some more heat, add some more of the Korean Wing Sauce on top.
This is a very simple recipe and it is an awesome dish to serve as an appetizer.
Cooking at home
In this section you will find recipes and food experiments that I have tried at home. Some successfully.
Cooking at home